Wednesday, March 31, 2010

what a trooper


Deegan got really sick this week. He got diarrhea so bad he had cramping and a fever. He had it for like 3 days and he told me there was blood in the toilet. I went in to look and there was TONS of blood every time he used the bathroom there was tons. Every time that he would use the bathroom he would be bent over in pain crying and screaming. So I could call our Doctor I talked to him on the phone about what was going on. He had me come pick up a stool kit. We took it to the lab and waited for a phone call. I finally got a long waited phone call from our Doctor. Hayley we got his test back he has Campylobacter (You get from animal poop-YUCK!! and he can pass it to us from not washing his hands after using the bathroom) and he is really sick and very contagious and he needs to be on quarantine.....what really do we need to tape off our house and wear mask? So after I panic and did some looking around on the Internet and then called back to ask some questions. Come to find out we dont need on quarantine. I sure wished he would have used another wording! Like keep him away from people especially kids under the age of 5 and as long as you are not feeling sick you can still go to work just wash your hands really good. I can't have daycare kids in my house for a week. He is already on a prescription and is feeling great. Cross your fingers that no one else gets it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, poor kid. How aweful. I hope no one else gets it- doesn't sound very fun at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the rest of us are all good!! I'm glad he likes to wash his hands:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, poor kid! I hate it when my kids are sick! That sounds horrible! I'm glad you joined the blogging world. I am going to try and do a lot better about updating this summer while we are gone. I'm excited to keep in touch!
    Hey, do you know if you dad is working on a table for me? I really want one. Will you remind him for me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete