Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why oh Why

Colt shot an Elk the other night and my dad and him were headed up on horses to get it. So I got myself invited. I HATE horses, I'm scared to death of them. But I went anyways after all it might be fun. Right? Wrong I couldn't have been more wrong. I still hate horses and I know why its been 15 years since I had last rode one. Going up I did ok. I only jumped off once to walk up one of the mountains. I like the old horses that can't run to fast, jump to high BUT I didn't want the one that kept acting like he was going to die at anytime. (I didn't want to be the one that killed the horse) The whole time they were getting the elk ready to be packed out I was making myself sick thinking about having to ride that horse. I got on rode it for about 5 minutes and I starting to have a panic attack. I told them that I wanted off- no you don't you can do this. They kept walking my half dead horse kept following them. So I jumped off! I told them I would walk and I kept up with the horses for the most part. At first anyways. They would stop and ask if I wanted on but I couldn't after getting to the bottom of many steep mountains and getting to the truck I asked them to remind me if I ever say MAYBE to remind me that I DON'T!!




Colt found his arrow head that broke off in the elk.






This is my horse walking away without me:)


This is what I look like after following a horse trail for 3 miles no water and on FOOT!!


1 comment:

  1. Is it just me or is that sucker HUGE?!? Holy crap you are way braver than me! I would have totally wussed out! Good job! Even walking was more than I could have done!!

    ReplyDelete